Short But Sweet, Polite And Respectful #35

5000 / rûth / ilill / istilah - 4 way Split

11/08/16

+ bandcamp
+ facebook (5000)
+ facebook (ilill)
+ facebook (istilah)

What a fabulous lineup on this collaborative release. Tokyo’s ilill and 5000 team up with rûth and istilah from Singapore. Since it’s impossible to dwell on every single track on the split, I’m going to keep things short. Asian screamo rules the game with its fresh and exciting bands. All those amazing projects, which are featured on the split CD were formed quite recently and cover the whole sound palette from violent and chaotic to melodic and groovy - what could your emo heart desire more? The liaison between those four bands is home of nine incredible songs, each and everyone of them is fun listening to, sending you to a state of joy and ecstasy.

What’s Left of the Sun - Lifeline

11/08/16

+ bandcamp
+ facebook
+ youtube

Thanks to Miss the Stars I discovered this premium post-hardcore inspired, emo / screamo band from Sweden. I was totally blown away after I had checked their song, the prince, which was streamed on Alex’ blog. The sound of the song is super melodic and features some really great background vocals, which are perfectly combined with the screamed ones. The EP contains just one further track, which sucks a lot because both songs leave you wanting for more. As the band just returned back home from their tour through Poland, we absolutely recommend you to give them a listen. You won’t regret it.

„Blood ties, ties our floods together. But I am, alone out at sea Abandoned by my shattered family. Crashing like waves, all over me.“

Cady - Isle Of Flowers


31/05/16

+ bandcamp
+ facebook

There’s a new wave of amazing emoviolence bands from the UK coming in. Cady is one of those. Their latest musical output is called ‚Isle Of Flowers‘ and contains four heavy tracks, full of darkness and dense atmosphere. Every single note seems to sound just right, as those soundscapes excels thanks to its furious vocals and wild blast beating drums. The Extended Play, which is strongly recommendable for fans of Cassus, Scared of Everything and Dawn Ray’d, is co-released by Boslevan Records, Cave Of Roses and Wolf Town DIY. It’s screamo as good as it gets combined with a slight hint of metal.

„Throat so lacerated, this damn chest croaks. Heaving patterns like lungs are bleached soaked. Move into the endless, simmering light. ‚I'm never coming back’ - ‚I am Dock Ellis. And I will miss you’."

Solanas - What’s Left To Leave Behind

25/04/16

+ bandcamp
+ facebook

Solanas are from the UK and were founded back in 2013. The screamo collective from Newcastle consists of Ollie, Eliott and Stef who also is part of Scared Of Everything and replaced the band’s original bassist, Tim, in 2014. Already released in late April, What’s Left To Leave Behind is already their sixths release and features five tracks in total. The music on it can be described as a sweet blend of emo, screamo and post-hardcore, which is wrapped in a sonic garb full of dreamy guitar riffs. Solans definitely set themselves off from the common screamo sound, which is not the worst thing you can say about a band. Thumbs up! Also check out the band’s LP, 'The Distance Within Our Bodies', which was released on vinyl recently.

„I’ll keep my tired eyes closed and hope to dream of love but I’m sleeping less each night and my heart can barely beat, my words have failed, my tongue and my hands have failed my nerves…"

0 Kommentare: